Our prestigious Client is currently looking for a Supply Chain Assistant
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 Monday to Friday
Salary: £20k – £24k
Supporting the Supply Chain Manager to deliver the procurement and inventory strategy. Deliver both stock holding efficiencies whilst delivering on-going cost savings though COGS to the business.
Main responsibilities & tasks:
- Working within the internal approval process, support the procurement of both direct and indirect goods and services to ensure efficient supply for all business streams (c. £5.8m annual spend).
- Supporting contract negotiations with vendors.
- Monitoring and publishing of Key Performance Indicators for Supply Chain measures (i.e Vendor Management, Operational Excellence).
- Supply Vendor monthly forecasting.
- Together with the supply chain Manager, the successful candidate will work closely on development of the current product library (c. 1400 SKU’s) and looking to potential product product rationalisation. All data management within SAP & COM will be kept up to date (Vendor pricings, material numbers and new product set up).
- Liaise with Finance, Sales and Operations Departments.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- MRP knowledge essential.
- SAP knowledge essential.
- Experience of Microsoft Office essential specifically excellent Excel knowledge.
- Experience of Vendor Management preferred.
- Enthusiastic and a natural self starter with the ability to work well on their own and with support.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills necessary to ensure Vendor relationships, internal Customers and all other stakeholders throughout the business are supported where appropriate.
- Graduate Calibre.
If this sounds like you, please send your C.V. to email@example.com or call Kevin on 01698 743 164