Virtue Recruitment Services are currently hiring for a Skilled Shift Manager in Stirling, based in a fast paced technical environment £30k – £33.5k per annum.
To lead all manufacturing and product resource within site supporting the Engineering function and Warehouse operation in order to contribute to the optimisation of overall plant performance with specific relation to employee safety, quality, people, and service consistently across all shifts.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Effective contribution to the achievement of business plan by focusing on key KPI targets, driving accountability and consistently challenging and involving the team to achieve results.
- To control utilisation of raw materials, determining and managing optimised working raw material stock levels on site ensuring effective communication and reporting structures are maintained.
- Forecast labour planning levels to supply customer and machine running requirements, ensuring any overtime and agency cost is justified in advance and taking accountability for this expenditure in advance.
- Encourage team to suggest and initiate any changes to working practices or new projects as deemed to be in the interests of enhancing the plant performance and Nampak effectiveness.
- Fully manage and investigate root causes of customer / supplier complaints
- To ensure that you comply with the health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the associated Regulations relating to your work, and with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and procedure, and be responsible for your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- To ensure that you comply with the Company’s Quality Policy and Quality Manual, Procedures and Work Instructions relating to your work, and in particular, Company standards on quality, hygiene and housekeeping.
- To work closely with both your shift (Team) and Engineering Manager to carry out any servicing, repairs and maintenance to agreed and accepted Company standards, and to enable production on the machines to meet agreed performance standards, and quality of product to be manufactured within specification.
- Ensure the fast resolution of any problems, and to ensure safety, optimise machine efficiency and minimise waste levels.
- Attend customer and performance meetings as required
- To ensure all procedures and processes relating to Debagging, Bottle production & Supply are correctly adhered to at all times.
- To participate in the cover system
- To be flexible enough to work, out of contractual hours as necessary to fulfil the needs of your role to work away from the site if required
- Enhance the Supply/Loading standards on site by reducing and maintaining supply down times below contractual levels, improving labour utilisation, load effectiveness and develop the skill levels on the site.
- As part of the Site Management Team suggest, initiate and progress any changes to working practices or new projects as deemed to be in the interested of enhancing the plant performance and effectiveness.
- Analyse and report on all product supply interruptions, including the reporting of all Dairy filler down time.
- To attend any courses or visits arranged as part of your development and training programme.
- To suggest new projects or working practices to ensure continual improvement in health and safety, quality, performance and the general functioning of the site.
- To carry out all Planned Preventative Maintenance on schedule, to agreed and accepted Company standards, and to comply with agreed safe working practices at all times.
- To monitor the performance of the machinery and equipment, and to be pro-active in avoiding downtime by initiating and necessary improvement measures prior to failure.
- To ensure that any routine day to day engineering tasks (e.g. breakdowns, servicing and maintenance work) are prioritised and agreed with Engineering Manager, as appropriate.
- To work closely with your colleagues to ensure the communication of all safety issues, quality and machinery problems that might affect safety issues, quality and machinery problems that might affect safety or performance standards.
- Repair any breakdown within the plant or site as requested
- Minimize waste levels to achieve business targets
- To assist with production, improvements, projects and reconfigurations as required.
Please mail CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01698) 743037 to arrange interview