Supply Chain Assistant, Blantyre, £22,000 DOE
Currently hiring for a Supply Chain Assistant in Blantyre, Mon – Fri 9am-5pm, 37.5 hours. Starting Salary of £22,000 DOE. Immediate Start Available. Main role will involve Supporting the Supply Chain Manager to deliver the procurement and inventory strategy. Deliver both stock holding efficiencies whilst delivering on-going cost savings through COGS to the business. Solid IT skills and proficient Excel user (V-Look ups and Pivot table skills).
Main Objectives of Role
- Working within the internal approval process, supporting the procurement of direct and indirect goods and services to ensure efficient supply for all business streams (c.£5.8m annual spend)
- Supporting contract negotiations with vendors
- Monitor and analyse Inventory holding and performance for direct procurement
- Monitoring and publishing of KPIs for Supply Chain measures (Vendor Management, Operational Excellence)
- Supply monthly vendor forecasting
- Together with the supply chain manager the successful candidate will work closely on development of the current product library (c. 1400 SKUs) and looking at potential product rationalisation. All data management within SAP & COM will be kept up to date (Vendor Pricings, material numbers and new product set up).
- Liaise with the Finance, Sales and Operations Departments
- MRP Knowledge essential.
- SAP Knowledge essential
- Experience of Microsoft Office essential specifically with excellent Excel knowledge
- Experience of Vendor Management preferred
- Enthusiastic and a natural self-starter with the ability to work well on their own and with support.
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills necessary to ensure Vendor relationships, internal Customers and all other Stakeholders throughout the business are supported.
Please email your cv to: email@example.com or call direct on: 01698 743 037